This is the homepage of our experimental psychology research group at the University of Bamberg, Germany.
We are mainly interested in the research fields of
- face processing (face recognition, facial attractiveness, prosopagnosia)
- empirical aesthetics (art, dynamics of preferences, predictive liking)
- product design (aesthetic appreciation, marketing)
- development of security programs
- ethical and privacy issues
- cognitive maps
- cognitive ergonomics
- on the genesis of conspiracy theories
- haptic research
- theories of cognitive processing in general
Claus-Christian Carbon (CCC)
My academical work concentrates on working in the field of empirical aesthetics (plus design), face recognition/face processing/prosopagnosia (face blindness), optical illusions, cognitive maps, advancement of methods and on applied cognition (design; the role of innovation; hci and ergonomics).
Feel free to surf on my other pages to get more information about me and my work.
Qualifications (short track):
- Habilitation / 2nd PhD (U Vienna; 2006)
- PhD (FU Berlin; 2003)
- MA in philosophy (U Trier; 1999)
- Diploma (fulfills MA) in psychology (U Trier; 1998)
Position: Full Professor